2 tbs olive oil
4 large RQM osso bucco
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 brown onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 4oog tin diced tomatoes
1L beef stock
2 carrots, diced
- Heat oven to 180 Degrees C.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large frying pan, medium-high heat. Cook osso bucco 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer to a large casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and 2 tbs water to the frying pan to deglaze the pan. Pour the juices into a small bowl or jug and set aside.
- To the frying pan add the remaining oil, onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook until soft. Add the tomatoes, half the stock, remaining water and the reserved pan juices from Step 2. Simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Transfer contents of the frying pan to the large casserole dish, covering the osso bucco. With the lid on the casserole dish, put in the oven to cook for 90 minutes.
Serving suggestion – we like this served with a sweet potato and parmesan mash and steamed beans. Enjoy!